Thursday 30 July 2009

A veritable treasure chest of cretinist lies? I'll have to wait and see.

PZ Myers pointed out that a bunch of creationists are offering a free booklet to answer the question "What's the truth... Creation or Evolution?". He suggested that people take them up on their offer, and then offer a critique of the drivel that it no doubt includes.

I may not have a doctorate in evolutionary biology, but I doubt that will be too much of a handicap in spotting all the deceit included therein, so I thought I'd follow his suggestion. I'll be reporting back here sometime later, after its arrived and I've finished laughing at it.

As an extra little test of their truthfulness, I've used a nom de plume (at my real address obviously) to monitor their claim that "Your name will never be sold or given to another organization." If I don't get bombarded with religio-drivel under this name in the months to come, I'll post an apology for doubting their word on this blog. However if I do, then I shall take great pleasure in presenting evidence of their dishonesty here instead. Which do you expect to happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment